Monday, August 3, 2009

Deep in the swamp...


Deep in the swamp, in knee deep marsh. We walked beyond the tell tale trees obscuring visions of a clear sun shinning day. We left hopes of quiet sunday when we jumped into the muck. They say these lands have taken many a man, swallowed countless floating shanties. The mist that shrouds the horizon leads to the gateway to a new day. Beware now I say the day is new. Mark my words, loud and clear. I do not say the grass shines greener , that milk and honey flow in the land the fills my periphery. Addition and subtraction take place behind translucent veils. We all like to play with Rubix cubes. If you think the woods are inviting, take a second guess. Damp living things decay and house a minion of sinister microgues. They reek an unfriendly scent, reminiscent of things that you ran away from. Things people leave in the swamp and wish that they would go away. The natives have stories about these moving lands. The river is a force that carries things that it wants to destined places, transporting land mass, floating frames of references. So don't complain, don't utter a word. You asked for this, you joined this expedition on your own. We signed the contract. Here it is Ill let you catch a glimpse of it to refresh your memory. But nothing more of it shall you have, no nothing more. What good is to look behind, to bath in the past when we seek to go to a new land. Behold the old is gone and we travel to a new dimension. We shall defy the limitations set by the defining dimensions, placed on you by us ourselves. There are certain places where we travel only by feet, deep in the swamp in knee deep marsh. The river clothes a secret below. I can feel it, my feet rub against it. The knowledge makes me feel wise but im left grasping on to a fleeting thought, played like a card by the ghosts of my imagination. We travel near and we travel far but the mist shall lead us to a land once more. We set our tent there, I lay my head knowing now that rest is temporal. I must begin my my day anew I cannot abandon hope for but few. A challenge rises and a challenge falls. We look ahead for another ball. When the day shall come to lay my sword, id lay still and heed the call. Remember Death is only a transition not the end!

No comments: